How the Parties Work
We will hold six parties a year in February, April, June, August, October and December.
Only 10 paying Children with carer/parent to attend each party. We have the use of the whole community centre, garden and there is a park next door so there is plenty of space to ensure it is not too crowded.
All on one level and wheelchair friendly
WHO CAN ATTEND
These parties are for Autistic children and their siblings, to be accompanied with parent/carer who is responsible for supervision during the party. We do not provide supervision.
DIAGNOSED OR NOT
Your child does not need to be formally diagnosed with autism. We know getting a diagnosis can take time or you may wish to not pursue one. If you think your child will benefit from attending our parties, please contact us.
Our activities are targeted to suit children aged of 5 to 12. During this age, they may see peers going to parties or after school gatherings and they want to join in but they are not invited. Or they may be invited but cannot attend due to their sensory needs.
** However, autism is dimensional and not all children are the same.
Therefore, at our discretion we may consider children outside of the age range, should they meet our eligibility criteria and the parent feels they will benefit from attending.
COST PER TICKET
£9 per child attending aged 3 years and older.
* siblings aged under 3 are welcome to come along if there is space to accommodate them, free of charge.
However, if you wish your child under 3 to get full benefits of gifts, cake and crafts please purchase a ticket for them. They are free entry if they are only accompanying target child and using playrooms/toys.
. The parent/carer must supervise young children because the games/toys may have small parts. Our products are suitable for ages 3 and above.
Not all autistic children are the same. Each has their own different challenges dependent on their social, sensory, behavioural, communication and health issues. Therefore it is important that each child attends the party with a Parent/Carer who knows them and can help them make the most of the experience and can provide one to one supervision.
THE PARTY WILL INCLUDE
Our parties will be designed with the autistic child’s need at the centre. Discos or soft play centres do not always suit an autistic child. Loud noise, dark spaces and uncontrolled play can be very frightening.
On our website page NEXT PARTY DETAILS, you will find a party plan for the next party event, showing room layout and what to expect for the next party. Some children may like to know this in advance to help their anxieties. We will aim to have this in place 4 weeks before the party date. A typical party includes the following:
- Party room – free play activities such as brick building, magnets and sensory fidget toys. Trains, remote control cars, rice box and kinetic sand.
- Arts and Crafts activity
- Party games to build co-operative play
- Enclosed garden for those who need to run and need to use up some energy.
- A separate Sensory Room with lights and cushions for those who need some quiet time.
- There may be disco lights and led colour changing lights and calm background music.
- We will decorate a cupcake to eat at the end of the party and drinks for children
- ** Please be informed, we do not provide party food during our normal party sessions but we have cake and nibbles. Please tell us if your child has allergies
- Afterwards we finish the party with a game of pass the parcel
- Tea/Coffee facilities for Parent/Carers (contributions required)
Owen’s Party CIC – Company Number 11901060 Non profit Community Interest Company